This page is designed to help our community navigate our change-of-name from AAMET International (AAMET) to EFT International (EFTi) during the transitional period.
January 2019: Announcement of name-change plans April 15th: Anticipated completion of website/technical side of name-change, including visual elements of logo May 15th: Anticipated completion of seals, training document updates, updated titles, accreditation materials, etc. July 2019 – January 2020: Continued Practitioner/Trainer integration of changes and completion of full transition
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are some questions we anticipate during this transitional time. More questions and answers will likely be added to help members navigate during this period, and we look forward to providing guidance every step of the way. If you have questions about the name-change that are not found here, please write to Jane Dobbs, our Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Integrity. Integrity means we do what we say we do. We do not over-promise, and we endeavor to be open, honest and account for our actions. We strive to be ethical and always do the right thing for our members and their clients. We require adherence to a Code of Conduct and Ethics which defines the behaviour, focus, and commitment that our association expects from all its members.
- Compassion. Compassion means we respect people and treat them without prejudice. As a humanitarian association we strive to promote human welfare consistently and reliably.
- Excellence. We are an educational organisation that values learning and growing, and we are committed to high-quality, professional and safe standards for our association and our members.
- Evidence-Based. We believe that robust science-based EFT research is the route to advancing EFT, bringing it into mainstream awareness and usage around the world. We are the international voice for EFT science, and we support and make available EFT research to all.
- Collaboration. We work with our members and others to support safe, high quality care, and free public access to EFT resources. We listen to our members and wider EFT community hearing, acknowledging and responding to contributions
Current AAMET Mission Statement: AAMET International is committed to advancing and upholding the highest standards for education, training, professional development and promotion of the skillful, creative and ethical application of EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques or “Tapping”). Technically: AAMET International will not be ‘going away’, we are a registered UK charity trading as EFT International
- Changes in links. We will announce when the new URL link is live throughout the website, so please refrain from sharing it or using it in your promotional materials until an announcement is made. We will ask people to update their links at their convenience, but all old links will be redirected automatically and will continue to work.
- Changes in logos/images: We are developing a new logo (and seals) and phasing out use of the old ones over a matter of months. When the logo and seals are ready, we will distribute them to all members in web-ready and print-ready forms. Necessary adjustments to our Practitioner and Trainer titles will follow. We intend to give all members plenty of advance notice to integrate changes of logos, seals, titles, etc. If you are training or offering events this year, you are free to continue using all current logos and seals
- Changes in certificates/accreditation and training documents and titles: Accreditation documents will be updated to reflect the new name, titles and logo – a discussion of how to handle these is ongoing. Training documents will also be updated, posted and announced as changes are made. Changes to Practitioner and Trainer titles will happen once the logo/seal is upgraded. All members will be notified of these changes in advance
- Handling printed materials: If you have the logo printed or intend to print it, here is what to do: Use up your current stock and hold off re-printing until we distribute the new logo in April or May 2019. AAMET International will still be the umbrella organization – it will not change in the short term (within at least a year), it is still legally okay to use it. For example, if you have a training or event in 2019, it’s fine to promote it entirely as AAMET International in your printed materials such as manuals, handouts or fliers
- How to share this change: During this transition we will say something akin to “AAMET International, trading as EFT international…” You can say this if you want, but you can also simply say “EFT International”, “EFTi”, “AAMET”, or “AAMET International.” We are doing the work for you on our side. In the long run we will be “EFT International” or “EFTi,” for short. We will give you ample notice as we near completion of the transition
- EFTi or EFT International will be easier to talk about and share than EFT International: Potential clients and students will more immediately know who we are and what we represent. We trust you’ll find the new name offers more clarity and authority in the long run