EFT International™ (formerly AAMET International, The Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques) is a UK-registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), registered charity number 1176538.
We are committed to advancing and upholding the highest standards for education, training, professional development and promotion of the skilful, creative and ethical application of EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques or "Tapping") worldwide.
We support the creative and ethical education in, and use of, classical EFT Tapping as originally taught by EFT's developer Gary Craig and included in his recent updates, which he refers to as "Gold Standard EFT." EFT International provides a training framework for EFT Tapping, which is used worldwide by a large network of EFT International Master Trainers (referred to simply as "Trainers").
Students of those Trainers, upon completion of a programme that includes in-person practical as well as academic training, examination and mentoring, are eligible to list on EFT International’s register of Accredited Certified EFT Practitioners and Advanced Practitioners.
Total Active Members of EFT International (February 2020): 1415
Practitioners listed on this website are recognised EFT International members who have agreed to hold appropriate insurance cover and who have signed up to follow our Code of Conduct and Ethics and to undertake an annual minimum number of hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Mentoring. EFT International only accepts members with a high standard of training and has a formal feedback, complaints and investigation procedure in place.
EFT International™ (formerly AAMET International) is a member of GRCCT (General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies). It is the larger of the two national regulatory bodies in the UK developed from the work of the Prince’s Foundation in 2007.
Supported by the professional lead bodies, GRCCT holds a National Register of approximately 18,000 practitioners of 20 different complementary therapy disciplines, as well as providing an independent arbitration and complaints process. Each discipline implements safe practitioner education entry requirement in conjunction with National Occupational Standards. Practitioners and organisations granted admission to join GRCCT are seen to meet UK General Medical Council guidelines for GP referral and NHS Patient Safety Criteria.
As of January 2018, EFT International has officially been granted UK charitable status, and we are listed with the Charity Commission as Registered Charity Number 1176538. This means:
- EFT International™ has been subjected to most rigorous vetting by the Charity Commissioners and are now endorsed as an organisation which is ethically run, has financial probity, and which benefits both its members and the public. EFT International is the only EFT organisation in the world with this status.People trust registered charities. This status, along with the large and growing body of good, sound research into the efficacy of EFT is positively changing perceptions of us.
- It is an important step on the road to gaining wider recognition for EFT International and for EFT with other professionals and professional organisations.
- Our clients will be able to have even more confidence in us knowing we belong to an organisation with high training and practice standards, strict regulation, and strong support for practitioners.
- UK members will be able to gift aid membership fees. This will help us raise further funds for the wonderful work of advancing EFT.
- EFT International™ now has even more stringent scrutiny. Being a charity means having trustees whose job is to have an oversight of how we operate. These new trustees reflect our International nature. They are John Freedom and Karin Davidson from the US, two of the original EFT founding masters and earliest members of EFT International, Jacqui Crooks in the UK and Judy Byrne in Australia, Juliet Leroy, Deborah Sampson (both from France) and Denise Welsh from Mexico.