Version Update 3.3, April 2019 | Download .pdf
EFT International requires that each member, once certified, undertake annual CPD (Continuing Professional Development) and Mentoring activities. All EFT International Practitioners and Trainers wishing to remain certified members of the association must maintain an active membership with EFT International and keep up-to-date with these annual requirements.
CPD and Mentoring requirements are in place to help Practitioners and Trainers maintain and increase their competence and skill as EFT professionals. Additionally, constructive engagement in these activities, which involve discussion of EFT practice with an experienced EFT International Mentor (previously titled “Approved Mentor”), enhances ongoing personal and professional development.
All EFT International EFT Practitioners (and Trainers) are required to report their annual CPD and Mentoring activities directly to EFT International via an online form accessible on the EFT International website.
Two requirements must be met before certified membership can be renewed for the coming year:
- 30 hours of CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
- 6 hours of Mentoring with an EFT International Trainer or Advanced Practitioner (in the role of Mentor). These can be either through individual sessions (in-person or via phone or internet), or via live group mentoring sessions with a group of 8 or fewer
All Practitioners and Trainers are notified via email when their memberships are due for annual renewal.
What Counts as CPD?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities are those in which many people are already engaged. The following questions can help you identify your CPD activities:
What activities have you done during the year that expanded your knowledge of EFT or enhanced your professional practice in any way?
Did you attend any professional trainings (apart from your primary training courses in EFT), watch any EFT or complementary instructional videos, read any helpful books, participate in any tapping groups or on-line discussions?
Did you pursue your personal healing through therapy or EFT sessions? Did you do any EFT presentations?
EFT International considers four categories for CPD activities:
- Group-based learning
- Self-directed activities
- Group supervision/mentoring class
- Personal coaching or therapy as a client
Further examples include listening to audios, interviews, summits; watching videos; attending conferences, tapping groups, trainings, courses or presentations; reading books; assisting in an EFT Training; assisting EFT International Training Board; engaging in EFT or other therapy or coaching sessions as a client; attending professional development workshops of any kind, etc.
Generally speaking, you can count almost any activity that in your judgment has furthered your development as an EFT practitioner and your understandings of related topics in the healing arts. When in doubt about what can be counted as an EFT International CPD activity, please consult your Mentor.
What Counts as 6-hours Mentoring?
For fulfillment of annual Mentoring requirements, any EFT International Trainer or Mentor can offer mentoring under their own model.
Please Note: Mentors are those who have trained and registered to at least the Newly Qualified Trainer member level, or they are Advanced EFT Practitioners who have applied for Mentor status and have been approved by the EFT International Accreditation Panel.
Possible models include:
- 6 hours of one-on-one mentoring (in-person or via internet or phone)
- 6 hours group mentoring in a group* of 8 or fewer (in-person or via internet or phone). Attendance must be live as opposed to listening to a recording
- Any combination of the above to make 6 total hours
- Any configuration of the hours, for example 4 x 90-minute sessions = 6 hours
- A 6-hour “Mentoring Day” where a group meets in-person with a Mentor for an intensive mentoring experience (popular in the UK where distances aren’t as prohibitive as they are elsewhere)
Entering Your CPD and Mentoring Activities Using The EFT International Website
Once you have agreed to the above Terms of Membership, you will have the opportunity to pay and renew your membership for the upcoming year:
- Keep an annual log of your CPD activities with approximate hours. Most practitioners will easily document 30 hours of CPD in a year
- Keep an annual log of your 6-hours Mentoring, including name of your Mentors, activity name and dates
- Login to your profile on the EFT International website
- Click on Upgrade and Renew and follow the instructions. If you get lost, navigate to >Members Area >My Account and find the “Enter Annual CPD and Mentoring Report”
- Enter the name(s) of your primary (and/or secondary) Mentor(s)
- When you are asked if you have completed the 6 hours of Mentoring, check YES, you have completed those hours. Doing so will confirm that you do have a log of your annual mentoring activities should it be requested by EFTi
- You will be asked to detail your greatest lesson learned from your Mentoring sessions the previous year
- As you follow the instructions and fill out the form, check YES, you have completed 30 hours of CPD. Doing so will confirm that you do have a log of your annual CPD activities should it be requested
- Enter three highlights of your CPD learning activities during the previous year
- You will be asked to agree that you will undertake the CPD and Mentoring requirements for the coming year. You will also agree to seek insurance appropriate to your practice and the country/state in which you practice and abide by the EFT International Code of Conduct and Ethics