EFT International promotes EFT training courses taught by Accredited Certified Trainers. Our Trainers bring years of experience, independent study, and innovation to the teaching and application of foundational and advanced EFT skills – all based upon the tried-and-tested, classical EFT originally developed by Gary Craig.
Several levels of learning are available, starting with Introductory EFT classes and continuing with comprehensive EFT Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 training courses. For those interested in a path to EFT certification, our Trainers offer certification programs that meet the highest standards and competencies. Qualified EFT professionals who are interested in teaching EFT on behalf of EFT International are invited to take the EFT International Master Trainer Course under the guidance of an experienced EFT International Accredited Certified Master Trainer of Trainers.
For a more comprehensive overview EFT International Accredited Tapping Training and Certification, download a copy of the EFT International Training Programme Overview. Have you already trained in EFT elsewhere, but you are thinking of joining EFT International? Learn about transferring your credentials to EFT International.
- EFT International (as AAMET) was the first democratic EFT association. We have been in operation since 1999, and dedicated ourselves to pursuing and providing reliable worldwide training standards.
- EFT International is an officially registered UK charity, listed with the Charity Commission as Registered Charity Number 1176538
- While each EFT International Trainer has their own style, all are committed to teaching a foundational body of knowledge and practical application grounded in decades of experience with the foundational, classic EFT taught by Gary Craig. These standards have earned a worldwide level of trust and reknown.
- Once the certification process is complete, students attain the status of EFT International Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner, which represents and assures the public of their professional commitment and accomplishment. Those who desire to pursue a higher level of mastery of foundational and advanced skills may attain the EFT International Accredited Certified Advanced EFT Practitioner designation and potentially move on to the Master of Applied EFT Certification program (coming soon).
- EFT International has an extensive worldwide membership of Trainers, Trainers of Trainers, and Practitioners that represent and promote our global association and the standards and competencies and professionalism we encourage.
- EFT International does not collect affiliate fees or payments from our member Trainers (as some other organisations do), and, as a legally registered not-for-profit association*, all fees collected from membership dues are used to serve our members.
- EFT International holds regular conferences to keep our members up to date and facilitate networking with leaders in the EFT field, and EFT International (EFTi) is committed to the ongoing development of professional resources and support for EFT International Practitioners and Trainers.
- Accredited Practitioners and Trainers are accorded a searchable Directory Listing, as well as a comprehensive profile page, on the EFT International Website.
- All Certified members are still listed and found via our EFT Practitioner Directory.
- EFT International supports and donates to EFT research, helping further establish EFT as a valid, evidence-based, complementary wellcare modality.
- EFT International offers “Roundtable Webinars” for Trainers where input on all aspects of the EFT International Training and Certification Programme is transparently solicited and encouraged.
- EFT International offers private Facebook groups for ongoing discussion and support of EFT training and practical, real-world application.
- While all EFT International courses must include required core syllabi, EFT International offers its Trainers an unprecedented level of freedom and flexibility to meet the needs of their constituencies. Trainers may choose to organize and emphasize material within their training courses based upon the needs of each group of students and even local culture.
- EFT International honors the basic, foundational and advanced skills that comprise what is currently known as “Gold Standard” EFT, as developed by Gary Craig.
- EFT International is formally committed to aligning its core curriculum with NOS (National Occupational Standards) known worldwide, and is actively pursuing further accreditation via external accrediting bodies towards formal recognition as a complementary assistive approach to health, emotional, physical and mental.
- And finally, because we are committed to excellence in EFT International EFT training at all levels, the EFT International Training Board consistently reviews and upgrades content, standards, best practices and support materials to ( ) ensure the best experience possible for teachers, students and their clients, worldwide.
*AAMET International (Trading as EFT International (EFTi), a UK-registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), Registered Charity Number 1176538)
Online Training: Buyer Beware
For years, we have been getting occasional but regular complaints about people advertising an EFT International course without being an EFT International member, being a former member but not changing their website or changing it in a misleading manner, inappropriate use of our logo, as well as online courses that promised a professional qualification by watching a few videos at home, and similar too-good-to-be-true promises. We aren’t the EFT police, and we didn’t want a ‘name and shame’ page, as that is not congruent with our positive values. However…
What’s an accrediting training organisation and bonafide educational charity to do?
We met over several months in collegial meetings with ACEP about their online course, and the differences were clear.
Jondi Whitis, a member of our Training Board and Shoshana Garfield, Training Board co-Director and Executive co-Chair, co-crafted this multiple purpose document – a Buyer Beware piece compiling all aspects of the, as we call them, ‘Fabulous Fakers’ that have been brought to our attention, to craft this EFT International position on online training.
EFTi Stance on Online EFT Training
EFT International (EFTi) has a long history of honouring the efficacy and value of in-person trainings, for reasons you already know and/or have experienced.
However, we are aware that there are many online EFT training video offerings clamouring for attention, many promising outrageous results, with outrageously low (or high) pricing. It is difficult for the unsuspecting public to separate trainings of quality from the outright fakers; this creates an even greater need for clarity on the differences between quality, professional training, with standards, versus poor substitutes.
EFT International recognises the wisdom of maintaining our status as a proactive leader of quality EFT training. As such, we are deeply committed to facilitating a community for reputable EFT training organisations that meets several times a year.
In our considered opinion, all EFT trainings of quality and worth focus on the value of safety for the student, trainer, and future clients of the student, and, the public in general, and even the reputation of EFT itself. The integrity of the program and institutional structure is evident in:
- Oversight and accountability features
- Content that is vetted and approved by recognised training professionals
- Clear and detailed learning objectives
- Sufficient breadth and depth of the suite of foundational EFT techniques, together with acceptable variations
- Ethical practice and application
- Tested criteria, which are published and transparent, for student certification/accreditation
- First-hand, real-time trainer observation and assessment of student capability to use, in practice, the skills being taught to them
- The ability for students to engage learning material over a period of time, allowing for greater absorption and integration of the material. This may be mentoring, recorded materials, printed materials, supervised practice, group supervision, etc.
Our consensus is that quality EFT trainings involve observed, hands-on practice conducted after thorough (and thoroughly deconstructed) demonstrations.We consider this the best design to model and anchor the concepts and techniques being taught, and to facilitate, with individualised oversight, the safety and support critical for effective learning.
We also know that training in person is sometimes not feasible or practical, for instance, for small groups with participants in geographically disparate locations with limited fiscal resources. Ideally, one might invite an EFT International Trainer to a remote location, but that assumes enough students to run a course.
ACEP Online EFT Training
Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) runs a small-scale EFT training that incorporates all of the above features we agree are necessary for quality training, which they do in an online format. We highly respect their method and practice of teaching, and their graduates are welcome to apply for EFTi membership via our External Candidate accreditation process.
The technical capabilities of the internet and electronic devices keep growing, and with it, an ability to emulate certain features of the live, in-person trainings we value. In the longer term, we are open to incorporating these developments into some of our speciality, post-accreditation courses.
With that said, we are aware there are current offerings of many online EFT trainings which fall very, very short of the quality mark.
Due to either ignorance or deliberate deception, concerted online marketing efforts are made to convince the public that a quick, cheap and easy training/certification can and does exist. To be clear, there is no quick, cheap and easy way to develop sufficient skill to be safe and effective in EFT application with clients. These courses do not meet all (if indeed, any) of the quality features above.
In addition, they typically have no oversight of curriculum or student performance, only partially cover the EFT canon, and are typically given by those with no professional training themselves, nor accountability to any associative body. In other words, they don’t answer to anyone and you cannot make a complaint. Common hallmarks of inferior and inadequate online trainings include and are not limited to:
- Single teacher or trainer “organisations”, which do not feature oversight by definition. Having employees is not “oversight”
- Lack of engagement/oversight of the student; student’s use of EFT is never, or is inadequately, observed and assessed
- Suggesting or promising rapid mastery/certification (e.g. “earn your EFT certificate this weekend in your spare time”)
- Marketing of courses as complete and robust when they are only teaching a small subset of the EFT suite of techniques
- The designer/marketer of the course has no credentials, falsified or misleading presentation of credentials, or inadequate, irrelevant credentials
- There are no or inadequate safety features in place, nor emphasis of safety, for the public or for the student
- There is no or minimal guidance, ongoing support, accountability post-course
- The course is lacking a sense of differentiation of student capacity and previously developed skill set, so that post-course, the student is left with no sense of what he or she can or cannot safely and effectively handle. Nor is there any consciousness of “don’t go where you don’t belong” with this incomplete, shoddy and fragile knowledge base.Typically, such courses do not provide mentoring, quality assurance, or possibly even the expectation of next steps for further development and maintenance of skills.
- There is no or inadequate mechanism in place for appropriately handling student or trainer behaviour or course content complaints
EFT International has continually taken a stand for quality of EFT teaching. Whilst we are not ‘The EFT Police’, we have consistently demonstrated a commitment to quality and standards for EFT excellence. Part of that mission is our recent acquisition of charity status in England, UK for excellence in teaching and advocacy of effective EFT application.
We embrace the challenge of serving all our students, regardless of previous education, including attainment of licensed mental health service provider qualifications. As such, this commitment creates the need to have transparency over our stance on these training quality issues and modes of delivery.
Decades of experience have shown the following are good, common features for determining whether a course is of quality and will meet your needs for a reputable, comprehensive EFT course:
- Ensure your trainer is listed at the trainer level with us at EFT International (we are biased of course!) or at least another reputable EFT organisation
- Ensure your trainer has appropriate CURRENT standing as a fully up-to-date trainer with that organisation, such as accreditation and certificationIf you wish to dig deeper, your trainer should be able to provide proof of ANY qualification they claim, and that should be confirmable with the institution they are claiming
- Only take courses that meet the quality features above
- Only take courses that have a clear, robust description and path to develop the requisite skill set to qualify (should be on their website)
- Only take courses that have a transparent complaint process and a code of ethics (should be on their website)
- Only take courses with institutions that have robust trainer training courses and/or requirements (should be on their website)
- REJECT courses that promise expertise with a few videos or hours of instruction, or with people that fail any of these safety checks
As the leader in providing steadily increasing excellence and professionalism in EFT training and accreditation, EFT International volunteers continue to encourage ongoing conversations about quality in EFT training and application. We extend to you the invitation to be a part of the conversation that explores and promotes transparency and excellence in EFT training.
Do you have questions about the validity of online training as it relates to becoming an accredited EFT International member? Contact our Accreditation Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join the discussion of online training as an EFTi member, please write to us at email@example.com join the conversation in our members’ groups on Facebook.