Published: 28th November 2016
To: All Members
From: Jade Barbee, Training Director
Great to see so many members utilising the new website. In this email, we want to continue familiarising you with the renew and upgrade options.
Renewing Your Membership
Renewals can be made within one month of expiration or within 90 days following expiration (see below). When you need to renew your membership, click the "renew" button at the top right of the screen. As you may already see, renewal reminders are sent 1 month, 2 weeks and 1 week before expiry. We will also send reminders after your membership expiry date has passed (see below).
What's New: Once you click renew, you will be asked to submit your CPD and Supervision/Mentoring form, then you will be able to pay for your renewal (via Paypal using a paypal account or debit/credit card).
Expired Memberships: 90 Day Grace Period
What's New: If your membership has expired, you can still easily renew within 90-days of your expiry date. This grace period is designed to give all members allowance for any extenuating circumstances, such as travel or illness, which may affect timely renewals. If your membership has expired within the last 90 days, click the "Expired Membership" button on the top of the screen and follow the instructions to renew. Please Note: When your expiry date has passed, you will no longer be publicly listed until you renew.
For expiries beyond 90 days, EFT International now requires members to contact a Trainer to discuss what additional steps may be needed before renewal. It is up to the Trainer to discern if further supervision/mentoring, training or other demonstration of skills is required for renewal. We believe this requirement will help ensure quality by encouraging all members to keep their memberships – and EFT skills – current.
Upgrading Your Membership
The process for an EFT Student to upgrade to Accredited, Certified EFT Practitioner is largely the same as it has been, with a few minor changes designed to streamline and simplify the process. To upgrade, all students must:
1. Complete an EFT International Level 2 course
2. Join AAMETInternational.org as an EFT Student member (if they have not already done so)
3. Embark on an EFT International-Accredited Certification program under guidance of their EFT International Trainer
4. What's New: Visit >Members Area >Upgrade & Exams on the new website to purchase the relevant online exam. To find exam links at any point in the upgrade process, click >Upgrade & Exams
5. Forward exam results to Trainer and complete all certification requirements
6. What's New: Await Trainer Recommendation and EFT International confirmation (see below)
7. Pay to upgrade membership
After the student has completed all the requirements, including purchasing/passing their exam, Trainer will now submit a Trainer Recommendation Form on the student's behalf. Once your recommendation has been confirmed/approved by EFT International, students will be notified via email that they can upgrade their membership.
Trainers will use a recommendation form anytime a student (or member Practitioner) has completed all the requirements for the desired level of upgrade.
What's New in Accreditation
There are many benefits to being listed with EFT International as an Accredited member. As an Accredited member you can:
- Promote your EFT trainings, workshops and events on the *new* EFT International website
- Highlight your professional EFT expertise, services and products on your comprehensive profile page and practitioner listing (which also showcases your published articles and upcoming EFT training workshops or events)
- Feature your EFT experiences on our website and monthly Advancing EFT Newsletter (our EFT International EFT community newsletter for members and free manual subscribers)
What's New: Going forward, EFT International is empowering all Trainers to discern whether a certified practitioner or advanced practitioner (registered before July 2014) is ready to accredit or whether that practitioner needs further training, supervision/mentoring, case studies, practice sessions or other demonstration of skills before they can advance.
In other words, Trainers can now recommend an existing Certified Practitioner or Advanced Practitioner member for upgrade to the higher EFT International-Accredited level. If you are wanting to upgrade to Accredited membership, please contact your EFT International Trainer.
Thanks again for your understanding while we finalise the transition to the new website and mailing system. if you have any questions, comments or concerns, using the new contact form will allow the most rapid response. Contact EFT International here.
Director of Training, EFT International