Introductory Information for Application for EFT International Membership for External Applicants
EFT International welcomes applications for membership from those who have certified in EFT outside of our formal training structure. If you have trained and certified as an EFT Practitioner or Trainer by another organisation, you can apply for EFT International Accredited Certified membership as an External Candidate.
External Applicants are people who fall into the following categories:
- EFT Practitioners, Advanced EFT Practitioners or EFT Trainers who have done their EFT training with other organisations, outside of the EFT International system
- EFT Practitioners, Advanced EFT Practitioners or EFT Trainers who have trained within the EFT International system before 2014 but have never registered as members with EFT International or who have allowed their registration to lapse for an extended period of time
Applying as an External Candidate:
Stage 1: You can apply as an external candidate (i.e. trained and certified outside of the EFTI system or have never held EFTI registration). The website form (below, visible to non-members only) is a basic registering of interest, joining at Student level (£25) and supply of basic information.
Stage 2: The 2nd stage of the application is more detailed. After you have registered your interest and been contacted by the Accreditation Coordinator, you will be asked to supply records of trainings taken, CPD and Mentoring records and experience in practice. You will also be requested to supply a video/audio record of a client session. Further case work may be requested if we cannot assess your level of practice from your recording. You will definitely need to take the online exam for Level 2 or level 3 when invited to do so. The fee for Stage 2 of the External Application is £90.
Work with an EFTI Accredited Trainer to gain certification at EFT Practitioner level/Advanced EFT Practitioner level.
The trainer whom you choose will evaluate your current level of knowledge and practical competence against the competencies expected of EFTi Practitioners. They will then decide what is needed to bring you up to speed with the current requirements for that level of registration.
These are the activities that may be requested:
- Recap of level 1 and Level 2 topics by either attending another training course or by covering the topics in mentoring sessions
- Temporary Registration at Student level (£25) and then Online theory exam for Level 2 or 3 (£15 or £20 respectively) – this will definitely be needed
- Submission of case studies or observation of live work with a client/tapping partner to the standards set by EFTi. Trainers discretion on how much is required
- Provide evidence of at least 50 EFT sessions completed since your original EFT training – this should be easy if you have been in practice for a while – your professional sessions count
- Complete a minimum of 6 hours mentoring with your trainer – this may not all be needed if you already have a record of recent mentoring sessions
On successful completion of all of this your trainer will award EFT Practitioner or Advanced EFT Practitioner certification and will recommend you to EFTi for upgrade to Accredited level on the EFTi website.
The annual membership fee for the practitioner levels is £45 per year and all members are required to agree to completing and logging a minimum 30 hours CPD (CE) per year plus a minimum of 6 hours mentoring time with an Accredited EFTi mento
If you are unsure whether one of these categories applies to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding with any registration. Applicants who are part way through training with an EFT International registered Master Trainer or Master Trainer of Trainers should continue with their training and gain EFT International certification and accreditation via that route (rather than use this application route).
2021 External Candidate Fees:
The 2021 fees for application for this programme are:
- Join at the Student Level: All EFT International members start by joining at the student level. The annual student membership fee of £25 will begin your External Application process. This student fee pays for initial processing and allows you to access to the External Application Form. During the application process you will have all the benefits of an EFT International student member. Please note that this is an annual fee and is non-refundable and not prorated in cases where you remain at the student level for part of a year.
- Application Fee: After you have submitted the External Application Form, and IF you are approved as an External Candidate, the following application fees will apply: £90 for EFT Practitioner or Advanced EFT Practitioner level OR £360 for Trainer level.
- Exam Fee: During the application process, the Accreditation Coordinator will approve you to take the exam for your relevant level: £15 for EFT Practitioner level, £20 for Advanced EFT Practitioner level, and £27 for Trainer level.
- Extras: IF you are required to submit case studies as part of your application, case study marking fee will be £100. IF you are required to undertake mentoring, the fees for mentoring sessions are variable depending upon time needed.
- Annual Membership Fee: On successful completion of your External Application, an annual membership fee for the appropriate level is required: Practitioner levels are £45 and Trainer level is £115. This fee is due each year to keep your membership current.
If you have any questions before proceeding as an External Application, please contact the Accreditation Coordinator, Christine Sutton at email@example.com.
Getting started as an External Candidate
The first step is to join EFT International at the Student level. This fee will give you access to the external application form. The Student membership fee is due each year if you remain at this level.