If you are currently tapping on yourself, to stay safe, it is important that you only tap on what you are feeling ‘in the moment’ - what emotions are naturally coming up for you as part of your daily life, or maybe something you may be anxious about, like an upcoming event.
EFT, when used with a professional, allows the body / mind to communicate and the safe release of raw / unprocessed thoughts, memories or feelings from the past, which allows us to achieve a sense of perspective, calm and balance.
So when you really want to dig deeper into what is causing your unwanted symptoms with the help of a professional, first consider asking yourself the following questions. This will really help your practitioner identify the root causes which, when focused on with persistence and precision, can be dealt with, and the gains are likely to be durable after treatment ends.
Remember mind / body work is all about connecting physical symptoms to thoughts ideas and memories, and while these questions may seem odd, your EFT practitioner will certainly be able to help you make sense of your answers.
Why not keep this somewhere handy and add to it whenever you are moved to do so, over the weeks leading up to your consultation. Don’t worry if you are only able to answer a few points.
It may also be useful if you have already been working with an EFT practitioner for a while, as it may give you and them other insights into what is going on for you.
Some things to consider
- Things / experiences that provoke your body to react (good and bad)
- Music that moves you / ‘twangs your heart strings’
- Pop songs that would have been playing on the radio from your early childhood
- Smells and places you are drawn to / repel you for no apparent reason
- Types of people / aspects of life that you might react strongly to
- Films that provoke a strong reaction
- Memories that are raw
- Accidents and incidents from the past that you might have forgotten / taken for granted
- Things your parents always used to say to you
- What were you ‘known for’ as a child
Look at photos of yourself from your childhood - what’s going on for you then?
- What did you get told off for, as a child?
- My parents teachers friends used to call me ........
- Recurring dreams / thoughts / memories that affect you
- What (if anything) makes you cry?
- What really ‘pushes your buttons’ or ‘gets your goat’
(e.g. I really hate it when people.....)
- Words or phrases that annoy you
- What / who rubs you up the wrong way?
- A work of art that deeply affects you?
- Aches and pains you have lived with for years that you may have thought are not relevant!
Get quiet and think about these aspects of life. Where is your attention drawn in your body / imagination? Where in your body / imagination you might have ‘stuff’ stored?
If you notice any common themes, jot them down so you can come back to them with the tapping.
Why not make a note here of any other sensory information you might gain after considering these questions
(e.g. a ball of dark energy in the stomach area)?
Wishing you all the very best on your journey of self discovery!