What does it take to attract more wealth into our lives? What does wealth and abundance have to do with health and well-being? In working with many people to heal blocks to weight loss what I've discovered is that many of the same things that contribute to blocking an ability to lose weight can block abundance as well.
How does this work?
Truly any negative belief about ourselves or emotional stress that we experience can create limits in every significant area of our lives from finances to relationships to health. They all over-lap in interesting ways.
What I've seen is that healing blocks in any area shifts other areas of our lives in other words.
3 keys to creating more abundance specifically follow, with exercises you can apply now.
Key #1 to Abundance
Know what you truly believe about money and those that have money.
I recommend keeping a journal with money beliefs that you can tap on continually. Over the years I still tap on beliefs as I expand and grow. What I believed 4 years ago is not what I believe today for example and I can only imagine what will be possible another year from now as I uproot more beliefs.
You can start with an affirmative statement that makes sense for where you are now and see what negative beliefs about that statement come up. These are the classic "yes, but" statements that we have when we state an affirmative goal. This is a simple exercise and it works I find quite often to present what we really feel deep down.
Negative beliefs sabotage our results when we are working towards any goal. It is no exception here.
Here are some common money beliefs- see if any of these ring true for you. If so, tap on them.
People who have x amount of money or who make x amount of money are greedy, selfish or bad
* I have to work so hard to make more money or be abundant
* I wouldn't be able to keep it or use it wisely
* I don't really deserve to make more than x amount of money
* Money is bad or evil
* I have to do x to make money (limiting possibilities of ways to make money)
Key #2 to Abundance
Find and release every event that has emotional intensity that happened around money in your childhood. This is where a lot of negative core beliefs were formed about money and abundance.
Good questions to ask to find these events:
What did your parents or guardians or other immediate family members believe or say about money and finances?
* What events happened around money that you can recall that left a significant emotional imprint? If your parents struggled with money, what events let you know about this? (One memory I have is of the car breaking down and my mother being so upset it scared me. I knew it was because she could not afford to repair it and that was devastating. It's one relatively simple memory that literally sent shock waves through my entire being and told me worlds about money, scarcity, fear, ability to care for oneself, etc.) Every experience or memory that you can recall is important to tap on.
Key #3 to Abundance
Take good care of yourself. No, really.
Money likes kindness, joy and love.
This is just my awareness that I've discovered over time. Why was it that I could by-pass so many beliefs and make such great money so fast early in my life without even trying? When was that possible for me? (I had a fun, exciting, passion filled private chef and catering business to high profile celebrities, made great money and all by referral! Never even had a business card. How the heck did that happen?)
Joy, passion, love and I was taking pretty dang good care of myself then too physically.
What is the opposite of love, kindness and joy?
- addiction (any and all)
- not eating well or over-eating
- not moving our bodies in some way, doesn't matter how you do it, but get in motion!
- not pursuing what gives us joy, even the tiny simple things
- not knowing how to say no to others and over-extending ourselves
- not giving ourselves what gives us joy or pursuing our passions
- being un-willing to receive all of ourselves for whatever reason/ judgements
The list goes on and on of course. But I think you get the idea. Money and abundance love love and joy. I know this much for sure. 🙂
Much love and joy to you ~
San Francisco, California, US
From the EFTfree Archives, which are now a part of EFT International .
Originally published on December 9, 2012