About the Course
This is a two-day workshop with Masha Bennett, covering both practical and theoretical aspects of working with clients who have experienced trauma within the context of holistic / complementary therapy practice.
Who is it for?
EFT practitioners and other therapists working within any holistic / complementary modality, including massage, reiki, acupuncture, kinesiology, reflexology, sound healing, yoga, energy psychology, nutrition, meditation and others who may encounter traumatised clients and where the treatment could potentially trigger a trauma reaction.
What will the participants learn?
* how to recognise the signs of trauma in their clients;
* important differences between developmental trauma and shock trauma/PTSD;
* the basic neuroscience of trauma and how to apply it in practice;
* significance of Adverse Childhood Experiences;
* the essential components of trauma healing;
* why some holistic therapies may be particularly effective in releasing trauma and how they may also trigger traumatic reactions;
* the risk of vicarious traumatisation in therapists and how to help prevent it;
* a range of simple techniques and approaches that will help both them and their clients stay safe and grounded during and after the session and in between sessions
* steps that need to be taken to assess and manage potential risk with a client who is in severe distress;
* options for referral to trauma specialists and other mental health professionals.
Masha Bennett is a UKCP registered psychotherapist and clinical supervisor, trainer of Emotional Freedom Techniques, Sandplay Therapist, Gong Practitioner and tutor for the College of Sound Healing. She has an MSc in Therapeutic Practise in Psychological Trauma from the University of Chester and has lectured and delivered training on various subjects of trauma, therapy, healing and wellbeing in the UK and internationally. She also has experience in other areas of mental health including seven years as a psychotherapist in the National Health Service supporting patients with anxiety, depression, eating disorders and chronic pain, as well as some years of experience of work within the criminal justice system and addiction treatment services.
Your self care It is important to note that whilst some aspects of this course may be healing, it’s main purpose is educational – it is not intended as a replacement for personal therapy. As this course deals with trauma and other potentially distressing material, before booking your place please be sure that you are able to take part in discussions that may touch on some difficult topics, without detriment to yourself.
It is particularly important that you have enough sleep, do not over-work, eat well, drink plenty of water and take time to connect to nature, in the few days before the course as well as after it. If you have any special requirements, requests or concerns about being able to participate in this course, please do contact us.
ENQUIRIES & BOOKINGS
To enquire about organisational matters, please contact the host/organiser Andy Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries about the content of the course and suitability, please contact the trainer Masha Bennett email@example.com
Link for bookings: https://helmtickets.com/events/4118/trauma-awareness-for-holistic-therapists